Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Welcome to My Blog

Here’s my personal philosophy about the work I do:
“I create awards for people, to touch them, to honor them, and to praise them. This is my highest ambition and what I have built my life’s work upon. In my heart I am giving and someone out there is receiving and it makes both of our lives richer in that moment.”
Awards when presented are just that, something given to someone; it is a prize, an honor. However, once the event is over, and the award has been presented, it will go into someone’s home or office. Once that happens, I believe, the award now becomes something more; it becomes a focal point, something that every time it is seen, a wonderful memory is revisited. I consider my awards art in every sense. When I am creating them I want to capture a feeling or attitude so that when you look at my work you will consciously or unconsciously share my vision. It’s my hope that in this blog, I’ll be able to share with you some insight into my creative process along with my thoughts on the industry I’ve chosen as my career.

1 comment:

  1. Our new blog is up! There will be many blog posts about recognition awards and custom awards - as well as general awards topics. We hope this is helpful and informative for everyone involved in creating inspirational awards events. Please contribute your own comments regularly!

    ReplyDelete